Your Food Truck Needs Commercial Insurance

Your driving around minding your own business when it jumps out at you, yet another food truck on the side of the road trying its best to ruin your diet plans. We are right there in the struggle with your at Pizano Insurance in Wayzata, MN. 

Food trucks have become a mainstay of our society today. They are literally everywhere. If you are considering taking your passion for cooking on the road, think about the fact that these food trucks have special insurance needs. You may already own a food truck and may be operating from a position of being under insured. Let us sit down with  you to discuss all of your insurance needs as it relates to your entrepreneurial enterprise.

Cuisine on wheels had different aspects that are unique to each and every food truck. Is their dining  space available in front of the truck? Is your food truck in operation year round or do you only offer seasonal fare at your eatery? Are you in adherence to all of the laws that govern your commercial business such as hiring practices, labor laws, health department mandates? It is important to speak with an insurance agent about any questions you may have to ensure you have the proper coverage for any issue that may arise.

Selling delicious food is only the start to owning a successful food truck! 

In addition to commercial insurance at Pizano Insurance agency in Wayzata, MN caters to your auto, homeowners, recreational, umbrella, motorcycle, and boat insurance needs. Call us at 763-219-4114 to discover how you can simplify your life by having the right type of coverage right when you need it. We make understanding your policy as clear as day and as right as rain. No need to stress, you have enough on your plate. 

Basics of boat insurance

For small motor boats insurance is not required in Minnesota, but for boats with engines of more than 50 horsepower, liability insurance at minimum is required. Even if not required, some liability insurance is a good idea, according to Pizano Insurance in Wayzata, MN. Non-motorized boats, like canoes, and most personal watercraft like jet skis, do not need insurance. Boats kept in state parks have to have liability insurance regardless of engine size.

Boat insurance is very similar to automobile insurance in how it operates, though you do need a separate policy for your boat. Liability insurance covers any damage you might cause in an accident. There is also medical insurance that will cover injuries whether or not you are at fault.

There is also physical damage coverage, similar to collision insurance on a car. You may also get coverage for uninsured boaters, so if someone else damages your boat and is not insured, you can still recoup your losses.

There is also insurance to cover fuel spills or the cost of cleanup, should your boat sink. Other add-on’s may also be available to meet your individual needs.

Another item to keep in mind is the value of your boat. When you get your policy, you will agree on the amount of coverage. The value of boats depreciates just like it does with automobiles. If your boat is damaged or destroyed you can receive the amount it was insured for, as opposed to the market value, which could be much lower.

Stop by or call Pizano Insurance in Wayzata, MN to get more information about getting insurance for your boat. Our professional staff can help you make sure you have the coverage you need, so you can be safe and worry-free when you are on any of the lakes or waterways of Minnesota.