Have you recently undertaken a home improvement upgrade? Maybe you decided to add onto the house, or perhaps you’re updating the kitchen. All of these will have an impact on the overall value of your home. This is fantastic, but it also leaves you with a bit of a dilemma. Do you tell your home insurance provider about the renovations? Here at Pizano Insurance, we are here to address those concerns when you call Wayzata, MN home.
Should You Tell Your Home Insurance Provider About Renovations?
First of all, you are not obligated to say anything about renovations to your home insurance provider. So, if you don’t want it to it is not required. However, that doesn’t mean it is the best idea. Why? Because what happens if your home is damaged? You will be compensated based on the original value of your property. This means all the money you put into the new renovations will be completely out of the window. Does shaving a few dollars off your insurance rates compared to paying for the renovations all over again should something happen to your home? That decision is up to you, but in general, it is always a good idea to let your provider know.
All of Your Home Insurance Needs
If your considering new home insurance, are looking at performing home upgrades, or you have other basic questions regarding home owner’s insurance, you need to contact the professionals to find out what is the best course of action and what you should avoid. Here at Pizano Insurance, we are here to address these exact concerns. So, if you have any questions or you want to know more about insuring renovations on your property our staff here is just a phone call away.
Many factors determine the rate an insurance provider charges you for your automobile insurance policy. Those factors are a part of life, and they change over time. Some changes happen unexpectedly, and some are expected. If you are about to experience a change, consider reaching out to Pizano Insurance in Wayzata, MN for a consultation. If you have already experienced one of the changes listed below, contact us. One of our independent agents will discuss policy options with you.
- Marital status – Most people will experience a decrease in rates after marriage. However, after a divorce, your rates may rise a bit, so if you are planning a divorce, it is a good time to reevaluate your car insurance options.
- Employment – The length of your commune may change. If you are no longer employed, you will be putting fewer miles on your car.
- Moving – your home address is a factor, an address in a lower density area might decrease rates.
- Buying or selling a vehicle – the age, condition, engine size, and even type of paint (but not color) will affect your auto insurance rate.
- Special Birthday – rates may change when a driver turns 20, 40, 55, and 70
- Teen Drivers
- A household member recently received a permit or license.
- If your teen’s grades have drastically changed, you may gain or lose a ‘good student" rate discount.
- If your teen goes away to college and leaves the car at home, they may be re-classified as an "occasional" driver.
All these factors are good reasons to have Pizano Insurance provide you with a new quote on your automobile insurance. Contact one of our offices today. We have locations in Albertville and Wayzata, MN. We are an independent agency, and we look forward to working with you.