Do you live in the Wayzata, MN area? Pizano Insurance can provide the insurance coverage that is so important.
Why is it important? In 48 out of 50 states, personal auto insurance is required and provides financial protection if you are involved in an accident.
Car insurance is a binding contract between the policyholder and the insurer that guards against financial loss if theft or accident occurs. In exchange for the premium payment, the insurance company will pay for your losses as stated in the policy.
The coverage is as follows:
- Property – damage or theft to your car
- Liability – the legal responsibility to others for bodily injury or property damage
- Medical – the cost of treating injuries and rehabilitation, lost wages, and funeral expenses
Policies are typically issued for a six-month or one-year period and are renewable. The insurance company will let you know when the policy is up for renewal.
Your policy will cover you and other family members listed on the policy. The policy will also provide coverage if a driver not on your policy is driving your car with consent.
Auto insurance requirements are different from state to state. When financing a car, the lender may have additional requirements. Every state requires by law for car owners to have the following:
- Bodily injury liability will cover costs associated with an injury or death
- Property damage liability will reimburse others for damage you cause to another driver’s car or property, such as a fence, utility pole, or building.
Many states also require the following:
- Medical payments or PIP, which provides reimbursement for medical costs for any injuries to you or anyone in your car. It will also cover lost income and other expenses.
- Uninsured motorist coverage will reimburse you if a driver causes an accident without auto insurance. Underinsured motorist coverage is also available.
Pizano Insurance can provide you with a quote or answers to your questions. Contact our team today.