Are there additional coverages I can add to my homeowners policy in order to increase my property protection?

A lot of people make the mistake of thinking that their homeowners insurance policy is all-inclusive. If your policy is the standard "named perils" policy, maybe you realize that your only covered for the named events that could damage your home, but even an "all hazards" policy has exclusions. Luckily, you have the option to purchase a number of additional coverages to help provide yourself with more property protection.

Perhaps the most common extra coverage for people to purchase is flood insurance. Floods are almost never covered by standard insurance and if you live in a flood plain, your loan company will most likely require you to purchase flood insurance. You can also purchase extra protection for things like earthquakes and hurricanes, but they’re probably not at the top of your worry list in Minnesota.

Sometimes your possessions dictate extra coverage. If you have a lot of expensive jewelry or collectibles, the value may exceed the limits on your homeowners insurance coverage. In that situation, you can purchase extra coverage that will cover the full value of your property. Similarly, if you have other expensive features that might not be covered by homeowners insurance, such as rare and expensive plants or separate structures on your property, you might want to add specific coverage for them.

If you live in Washington and you think you might need additional coverage on your homeowners insurance for property protection, you need to contact Pizano Insurance. We are your independent agent in Wayzata, Washington and our website allows you to easily compare quotes on home insurance, so you can always be sure that you’re getting the best deal.