Do I Need Car Insurance Above the Required Liability Coverage?

We all know that most require us to carry minimum liability insurance on our vehicles.  That’s the law so we get the minimum and consider ourselves sufficiently covered.  That may not entirely be the truth.  First, understand that liability insurance covers the cost of repairs to the other person’s vehicle if you are deemed to be at fault.  Bodily injury and property damage are the two areas covered by liability insurance.  These policies will provide funding for medical expenses and damage caused by an accident where you are liable.  It should be made clear that a minimum liability coverage will provide no monies to cover your own vehicle repairs and medical costs in an accident where you are deemed responsible.  The agents at Pizano Insurance, serving the Wayzata, MN and Albertville, MN areas, can talk with you about what your policy really covers. 

If you are leasing or financing a vehicle, the lender may require that you carry additional insurance protection.  Many lenders require collision and/or comprehensive coverage policies.  This protects their financial interest in the vehicle until the debt is paid off.  Even if you own your vehicle, you should consider the financial protection these more encompassing policies can offer you.  With you will pay a higher premium each period, if you are in an accident, you have a higher level of safety.

From home to auto or commercial insurance needs, the team at Pizano Insurance serves the needs of the Wayzata and Albertville, MN areas.  They can help ensure that you have adequate insurance coverage based on your current needs.  Periodically, you can have your agent review your policy should your lifestyle or needs change.  Visit their website then visit their office for the coverage you need.